Home Today Years Ago August 5, 1914: First Electric Traffic Light Installed
August 5, 1914: First Electric Traffic Light Installed
0

August 5, 1914: First Electric Traffic Light Installed

0

Today in 1914, the first electric traffic light was installed on the corner of East 105th St. and Euclid Ave. in Cleveland, OH. The original design, developed by police officer Lester Wire in Salt Lake City, UT in 1912, consisted of just red and green lights and a buzzer that would sound when the light was changing.